Winning Big Media Awards & Amplifying Visibility with Gesche Haas of Dreamers & Doers
Episode 34 – Pitchin’ and Sippin’ – Big Media Awards & Amplifying Visibility
Gesche Haas is the Founder and CEO of Dreamers & Doers, a private collective that amplifies extraordinary entrepreneurial women through thought leadership, authentic connection, and access. Dreamers & Doers has built a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem of over 34,000 women globally and also publishes a monthly newsletter, The Digest, that curates top resources for female founders. Gesche has been featured on Bloomberg TV, CNNMoney, The New York Times, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Forbes, Fortune Magazine, Refinery29, Vice, and other major media outlets, as well as at the United Nations, where she spoke during the sixtieth session of the Commission on the Status of Women. She is a regular content contributor to Nasdaq, Brit + Co, and 500 Startups. She has also won a multitude of awards including, but not limited to, Empowered Woman of the Year, Best Remote CEO, New York Talent Cultivators, Forbes Next 1000 2021, and many more.
In today’s episode, we talk about all things Dreamers & Doers. We pull back the curtain on what goes into landing big media awards, what PR and visibility have done for Gesche and her community, the strategy behind her unique onboarding and membership process, and much more.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What is Dreamers & Doers? Gesche talks about her collective and the “accident” that led her to start it. What is its differentiator?
- From brunch to business: Gesche walks us through the exact steps that she took to grow Dreamers & Doers.
- Gesche explains why they established a membership enrollment period and how it works. She also offers tips for anyone who is thinking about activating a similar strategy.
- What are the benefits for members? Gesche discusses the three pillars and why she chose visibility as one of them. She also discusses how they developed the media relationships to be able to offer such visibility opportunities.
- Gesche shares how awards and media features have helped her build credibility. How did she secure those awards? Gesche talks about the research and work you have to do to get a nomination first and offers tips to any entrepreneur looking to win an award themselves.
- What role did PR and social media play in Gesche’s career? She speaks about being strategic in your decision making and finding the right outlets that work for you and your audience.
Snag Lexie's free Pitch it, Pitch it Good! Checklist at theprbarinc.com/pitchitgood
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
Go back to the homepage