Meet Top-Shelf #Newsworthy Founder Cassidy Wendell
Cassidy Wendell, founder of #GIRLGETAFTERTIT, has built a community of like-minded women focusing on wellness and giving back.
1. Tell us a bit about who you are and what you do (give us your quick elevator pitch!)
[ I am ] a movement lover, community builder, and the Founder of #GIRLGETAFTERIT – a wellness community that brings women together through sweatworking events and gear that gives back.
2. How did you come up with the idea for your business? We’d love to hear a bit about your Founder Story.
#GIRLGETAFTERIT was born out of a passion for wellness and need for community after I lost my dad at the age of 22. Feeling disconnected and isolated, instead of searching for a squad, I created one and started hosting wellness events in order to meet new friends and try new things. What started as a selfish act, soon turned into a women’s wellness community I could only dream of.
3. What makes you different from other similar products/companies/brands out on the market?
#GIRLGETAFTERIT is so much more than a catchy hashtag. We’re a movement dedicated to defining the new rules of wellness through online and IRL sweatworking events, an empowering line of gear that gives back, and connecting like-minded women all over the world. Community always comes first.
4. If you had to pick, what is one organic marketing or PR tactic/win that has been incredibly helpful in growing your business?
Growing our Ambassador program to eleven women who are located all over the country. These women are a diverse representation of who we are as a brand, and they so graciously spread their love of #GIRLGETAFTERIT to their communities, both in-person and online. It’s been incredible to have their support in spreading our mission!
5. When you’re not busy working in or on your business, we can find you….
Running, skiing, or hiking with my pup Mac in the mountains of Montana.
6. Entrepreneurship is a rollercoaster. What helps you dig out of the lows? Any tips, resources, or reminders?
Whenever I receive a kind email or DM from someone in our community, I save it to a folder called “Kind Words.” I often refer back to this folder whenever I’m feeling low or down in my business. It serves as a subtle reminder that the work you are doing matters and that you are on the right path.
7. What’s something we can’t learn about you on google (well, until this article that is)?
If I wasn’t in the career that I’m in, I’ve always wanted to be a ski patroller in the winter and working for the forest service in the summer. We’ll see…
8. Your dream headline would read (BONUS points for including the outlet)…
I have two…
From Small Town to Big Purpose – How one founder is forging her own path in the entrepreneurial space
Meet #GIRLGETAFTERIT – a brand defining the new rules of wellness one sweatworking event at a time
9. THEPRBAR strongly believes in celebrating all of life’s wins, no matter how small – how do you like to celebrate?
Nothing too exciting, but I love going out for drinks and dinner! Bonus points if it’s somewhere out of town or to a new restaurant I haven’t tried.
10. Now we have to wrap things up with a true THEPRBAR question, what’s your favorite beverage?
Either a West Coast style IPA or a Topo Chico with a slice of lime.
11. Where can everyone go to connect with you and learn more about COMPANY?
Head to our website at girlgetafterit.com or connect with us on Instagram @girlgetafterit