How to Get Event Publicity with Nicole Rodrigues of NRPR Group
Episode 72: How to Get Event Publicity with Nicole Rodrigues of NRPR Group
Nicole Rodrigues, the founder, and CEO of NRPR Group is a recognized public relations expert, author, host, and digital and social media marketing pro with 21+ years of experience under her belt. In her tenure, she has developed and successfully executed strategic campaigns for some of the biggest names in business, including Yahoo!, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Sony PlayStation, Hulu, and the Oakland (now Las Vegas) Raiders, among many others. She’s been awarded everything from a Bulldog Reporter PR Awards Leader of the Year (Agency) and Ragan’s Top Agencies Awards Agency Leader 2022 to PR professional of the year, just to name a few.
In today’s episode, we dive into the world of event publicity. Nicole breaks down the three stages of developing a PR plan for an event; we talk about what is and isn’t newsworthy, how you can vet a PR firm if you’re looking to hire or on the flip side, and what questions you should be prepared to answer.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Learn how Nicole got her start in the PR world at a young age
- Hear what types of clientele Nicole and NRPR group serve
- Nicole shares the tried and true formula for getting event publicity
- Advice on how to get members of the media to show up to your event
- How to make sure your guests and media feel like they are being taken care of
- Hear what’s newsworthy in the event and publicity space, vs what is not
- What questions to ask when vetting PR firms
- What questions, as publicists, should you be prepared to answer when vetting clients yourself
- The difference between marketing speak and PR language
- And More!
Nicole’s Social Links:
- NRPR Website: https://www.nrprgroup.com/
- Forbes Profile: https://profiles.forbes.com/members/agency/profile/Nicole-Rodrigues-Founder-CEO-NRPR-Group-INC/6348ad0b-b715-48cb-9eef-6ca2161da8d0
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolerpr/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nicolerpr/?hl=en
Sign up For Lexie's Weekly Insider to Receive Insider Tips, Invites, & More at: https://theprbarinc.com/newsworthy/
- Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
- Instagram: @theprbar_inc
- Go back to the homepage