How to Create Your Own Wave in Media with Host, Editor & Producer Kami Simmons
Episode: 75 – How to Create Your Own Wave in Media with Host, Editor & Producer Kami Simmons
Kami Simmons is a TV/radio host and producer, content creator, and influencer covering all things music, business, beauty, lifestyle, tech, and what she calls infotainment (a mixture of current news and entertainment). She is currently an on-air host with iHeart Media, Hits 92.3, xoNecole, and Noire TV Africa, and is an Associate Producer at Yahoo. She formally worked for Viacom CBS as BET’s international producer and for the White House Obama administration on former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Policy team.
In today’s episode, we dive into how to authentically be yourself, stand out on social media, and create your own wave in the media. Kami walks us through her very accomplished professional journey and reveals her top pitching dos, don’ts, and preferences.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What Kami did to get her start in broadcast journalism
- Learn how Kami made the decision to pivot to entertainment media
- Hear her pitching tips on how to effectively pitch for media and entertainment
- How Kami began working for Yahoo! Finance
- Hear how Kami prefers to be pitched
- Learn how to successfully produce pieces for entertainment media
- And More!
- TikTok/Instagram/Twitter: @_kami_simmons
- YouTube: Kami Simmons TV
- Facebook: @kamisimmonstv
- Linkedin: Kami Simmons
- Website: kamisimmons.com
- Sign up For Lexie's Weekly Insider to Receive Insider Tips, Invites, & More at: https://theprbarinc.com/newsworthy/
- Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
- Instagram: @theprbar_inc
- Go back to the homepage