JOIN THE TEAM
THEPRBAR inc. is run by 2X entrepreneur, PR & Business coach, and podcast host Lexie Smith. The entire brand is meant to be fun, approachable, credible, and celebratory. While there are high expectations for output, the work environment is otherwise very casual. Mid-day activities or “working from anywhere there is an Internet connection” is totally fine as long as the client is being attended to and the job is getting done efficiently. This will be THEPRBAR inc.’s first in-house hire, and thus the candidate will have a unique opportunity to help craft the current and future culture.
Core Brand Values
- Empowerment: Everyone who works for and with THEPRBAR should feel empowered
- Results: While the brand is fun, it’s 100% value-driven and focused on achieving results
- Knowledge: We believe that knowledge is power and one should always be a student of business and life.
- Celebration: We believe in the power of celebrating all of life’s wins, no matter how small
- Individuality: We believe in creating custom-tailored solutions that enable clients to grow authentically and sustainably in their own way. There is no ONE right way to grow.
- Kindness: Being kind is non-negotiable.
PR Account Manager
THEPRBAR inc. is looking for a motivated PR Account Manager to spearhead the day-to-day execution of a primary agency client in the tech/telecom space. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of developing and executing strategic media campaigns inclusive of press and media outreach, thought leadership development, community relations, byline creation, partnerships, and more. This role will report directly to the Founder of THEPRBAR, Lexie Smith. Strong media industry contracts in the business and tech sectors are a huge bonus. This position is fully remote but may include traveling to clients infrequently.
- Ongoing internal and external PR strategy development and execution (in coordination with supervisor)
- Daily communication with client
- Media list building
- Personal executive brand and thought leadership strategy execution
- Proactive media outreach across all mediums (TV, Print, Digital, Podcasts)
- Fielding and assessing all in-bound client PR opportunities and acting as a media liaison
- Press release creation and distribution
- PR asset management (upkeep / creation of company bios, press assets, etc.) & coordination of new assets needed (such as photos).
- Award monitoring and submissions for company and executives (ex. Inc. 5000)
- Creation and/or coordination of bylines (articles) for key executive team members
- Coordination of social media strategy development
- On the ground press contact at industry/company events as needed
- Coordination with outside partner PR teams; ex: gathering and creating assets needed for a given sponsorship opportunity
- Community membership application submission (ex. Chamber of commerce)
- Distribution of internal PR assets to client as needed
- Speaker sourcing and submission
- Creation of press coverage and outreach reports provided monthly
- Previous account management experience (either within an agency or as a freelance professional)
- Ability to learn quickly – and motivated to self-learn where client industry knowledge might be lacking.
- Strong and fast writer
- Earned media placement portfolio
- Press release portfolio (must be able to provide past examples of previously written and distributed press releases)
- Efficient multi-tasker – doesn’t get too overwhelmed with a long task list.
- Motivated to meet and surpass deadlines
- Takes direction and feedback well, but ultimately incredibly self-motivated and in need of minimal supervision in the performance of tasks
- Must be able to provide 2 professional references
- Kindness in all interactions – with clients and internal THEPRBAR team
- Ability to track down media contact information without the use of paid PR software (although this might be available at times).
Desired. Experience: 2-5 year(s)
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation Time
- $100 Monthly Happy Hour Stipend