Let’s Get Your Business Legally Legit So You Can Get More Sleep in 2022. Guest…
The world of public relations may sound intimidating or not quite understandable for many of us. Luckily, today’s guest is here to clear everything up! Lexie Smith is the founder of THEPRBAR inc., an inspiring brand that specializes in educating motivated entrepreneurs on how to expand their impact, influence, and revenue through PR. With 10 years of PR and marketing experience, Lexie has helped countless companies and entrepreneurs gain accelerated success through the world of public relations. Listen up in order to succeed too!
- The importance of understanding that public relations is so much more than just appearing on TV shows or magazines; it’s actually an umbrella of organic marketing.
- Lexie explains the main differences between marketing and PR. Although people tend to mix these two entities up, they are not that similar.
- Lexie describes how she discovered her passion for teaching PR. She used to work for entrepreneurs and CEOs who did not quite understand how PR worked and Lexie loved explaining that in detail. Also, she discovered a need in the market; at that time, PR coaches were not popular and she dared to dive into that field.
- Before hiring a PR coach or agency, it’s important to get your assets in order: make sure you have high-quality photos, media kits, a solid website, etc.
- Lexie briefly explains the six different PR relationships that exist. To get started in PR, you need to choose which one of these to focus on based on your objectives.
- People tend to wonder if there is such a thing as “bad PR.” Well, for Lexie there is, and although it depends on your core objectives, having a negative review of yourself, your product, or service is not beneficial at all.
- However, it’s important to note that even if you do everything perfectly, you may still get hate and people always find a way to criticize you––that’s completely normal.
- Networking and community building play a huge role in PR; your business is most likely to benefit from it!