Episode 47 - Pitchin’ and Sippin’ - How to Develop Thought Leadership with Your Host…
Key Insights and Tips to Define a Strong Brand
I initially connected with the talented Neela Asaadi, CEO and Creative Director of Asaadi Graphics, at a Six Degrees Society event. We were specifically matched to network together (virtually), and I immediately understood why. Not only is Neela one of those rare individuals who has the ability to radiate good energy literally through a computer screen (goals!) but she’s also incredibly talented. Seriously though, check out her site. Upon connecting further, I asked if she would provide a crash-course guide to my audience (you all reading this now) on “5 Ways to Define a Strong Brand”. Branding and presence, both visually and through active expression, is foundational to the success of any business. It also happens to be a critical component of successful PR. Check out Neela’s tips below!
Knowing the Key Principals
- Be CLEAR — messaging / vocabulary your dream clients understand
- Be RELEVANT— speaking directly to clients current situation/ challenges
- Be PASSIONATE— clients can sense vision, who you are, what you stand for
- Be DISTINCT— what makes you different, why are you the best fit CREDIBLE— clients trust and believe you can present a solution
- Be CONSISTENT— easily recognizable based on voice and visuals
- Be VISIBLE— frequently seen because you’re showing up in the right places
- Be AUTHENTIC— you are genuine, original and providing something that has not been seen or done before
2. Understanding the Power of Color
- People see color before they absorb anything else
- Color increases brand recognition by up to 80%
- Research has reinforced that 60% of the time people will decide if they are attracted or not to a message — based on color alone
3. Dive Deep into your Brand Discovery
- What types of traits best identifies with how you want clients to see you
- How do you want your clients to feel about your business
- What benefits will clients gain from working with you
- Who does your business serve?
- How would you like to feel while working on your business?
4. Use a Formula for Building Brand Colors
- Plan on choosing 3 colors
- Choose your BASE — depending on your brands most dominant trait
- Choose your ACCENT — a complementary color that also represents your brand
- Choose your NEUTRAL — this will typically be your background-color
5. Establishing your Palette & Keep it Cohesive
Step 1: Solidify your BRAND PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Red – Passionate, Ambitious, Exciting & Energetic
- Orange – Fresh, Youthful, Creative & Adventurous.
- Yellow – Optimistic, Cheerful, Playful & Happy.
- Green – Natural, Vitality, Prestige & Wealth.
- Blue – Communicative, Trustworthy, Calming & Responsible.
- Purple – Royalty, Majesty, Spiritual & Mysterious.
Step 2: Who are your target customers
Step 3: Choose your 3 colors (base, accent, neutral)
Step 4: Keep your branding consistent
Step 5: Remember, to be authentic!