What and How to Pitch Well+Good with Lifestyle Editor Erica Sloan
Episode 71: What and How to Pitch Well+Good with Lifestyle Editor Erica Sloan
Erica Sloan is the Lifestyle Editor at digital wellness publication and community Well+Good where she writes and edits articles about sleep, sex, astrology, travel, career, financial wellness, and other elements of daily life that intersect with one’s well-being. Before joining Well+Good in 2021, she worked as an editorial assistant at Prevention magazine and assistant editor at Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Weddings magazines.
In today’s episode, Erica pulls back the curtain on her career, her company, and her editorial process. She shares what does and doesn’t make the cut in her inbox, how she finds ideas for her editorial content, what Well+Good is and isn’t looking for – and her personal pitching preferences.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Erica Sloan first found her way into journalism and writing
- How she realized a media career was best for her
- Learn how Erica got her start in the magazine industry and interned with the New York Observer
- Hear how she experienced media acquisitions at the start of her career
- Learn more about the Well+Good platform and community
- Learn about Erica’s role as Lifestyle Editor at Well+Good
- Learn what items make the cut from pitches for the Well+Good lifestyle vertical
- Erica’s tips for best pitching practices for lifestyle stories
- What types of articles she is covering at Well+Good
- What a day 2 or 3 take is on a piece – and how that relates back to Well+Good
- The definition of Evergreen content
- And More!
- Social Links:
- Sign up For Lexie's Weekly Insider to Receive Insider Tips, Invites, & More at: https://theprbarinc.com/newsworthy/
- Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
- Instagram: @theprbar_inc