Guest Trifecta: Sports Diplomacy + Penicillin with Lindsay Krasnoff
Episode 5 – Pitchin’ and Sippin’ – Sports Diplomacy
Believe it or not, the world of sports and the world of global communications have a lot in common. Today’s Pitchin’ and Sippin’ guest, Lindsay Krasnoff is living proof of that! Lindsay is a historian, consultant, published author, and journalist who works at the intersection of global sports, communications, and diplomacy. She also holds a PhD in History, MA degrees in both Journalism and French Studies, and a BA in International Affairs. She’s written for outlets such as CNN International, VICE Sports, ESPN, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, and many others. This makes her a true sports specialist dedicated to bringing innovative information strategies and storytelling to diverse audiences worldwide. And she’s here today to tell us all about it!
- Lindsay walks us through her impressive resume and explains how she managed to cross her love for sports from a really young age with her background in storytelling and communications.
- What is sports diplomacy and why is it so important to global communication?
- How storytelling goes beyond borders, as a universal practice that the media and audiences both respond to around the globe.
- A typical day in the life of a sports diplomat.
- What working as a French sports specialist looks like.
- How becoming a business owner launching her own consulting services provided a new perspective into the world of communications and media.
- The importance of identifying your added value and niche in order to differentiate yourself from others when starting your own business.
To learn more about Lindsay, you can visit her website, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Follow me on Instagram or book a Free Mini PR Strategy Call Here.