Guest Trifecta: Sports Diplomacy + Penicillin with Lindsay Krasnoff
Episode 5 – Pitchin’ and Sippin’ – Sports Diplomacy
Believe it or not, the world of sports and the world of global communications have a lot in common. Today’s Pitchin’ and Sippin’ guest, Lindsay Krasnoff is living proof of that! Lindsay is a historian, consultant, published author, and journalist who works at the intersection of global sports, communications, and diplomacy. She also holds a PhD in History, MA degrees in both Journalism and French Studies, and a BA in International Affairs. She’s written for outlets such as CNN International, VICE Sports, ESPN, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, and many others. This makes her a true sports specialist dedicated to bringing innovative information strategies and storytelling to diverse audiences worldwide. And she’s here today to tell us all about it!
- Lindsay walks us through her impressive resume and explains how she managed to cross her love for sports from a really young age with her background in storytelling and communications.
- What is sports diplomacy and why is it so important to global communication?
- How storytelling goes beyond borders, as a universal practice that the media and audiences both respond to around the globe.
- A typical day in the life of a sports diplomat.
- What working as a French sports specialist looks like.
- How becoming a business owner launching her own consulting services provided a new perspective into the world of communications and media.
- The importance of identifying your added value and niche in order to differentiate yourself from others when starting your own business.