Pitching Dos & Don’ts for Style, Beauty & Entertainment with Editor & On-air Host Jennifer Chan
Episode 69 – Pitching Dos & Don’ts for Style, Beauty & Entertainment with Editor & On-air Host Jennifer Chan – Pitchin’ and Sippin’
Jennifer Chan has more than 16 years of editorial authority and expertise as a fashion and beauty editor and on-air host working for leading publications including People.com, InStyle.com, Travel + Leisure, EXTRA, Access Hollywood, and more. She is well regarded for having led the fashion team at E! News, working directly as a senior editor for Kim and Kourtney Kardashian, serving as an in-house brand Director of PR, AND being the founder of her own personal blog JennChanGlam.com. Her mission is to inspire real women to feel confident and stylish from the inside out through their fashion and beauty choices.
This triple-threat takes us behind the scenes of all things GLAM as we explore PR, TV, and Editorial for the style, beauty, and entertainment industries. She gives us pro pitching do’s & don’ts, her personal pitching preferences, and keen insight on how to make it in the media industry.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Learn how Jennifer got into the world of journalism and PR
- Hear top do’s and don’ts when pitching for the different beats of style, beauty, and entertainment
- Learn about her busy publishing schedule and what days to avoid sending pitches
- Learn her tips on how to use and not use social media when pitching journalists
- The reality of affiliate links and landing coverage
- What can make or break you getting featured over another brand/company
- The importance of keeping your eye on event calendars – know when a journalist might be hyper-bogged down
- The importance of thinking like a journalist when pitching (and where many founders go wrong)
- And more!
Follow her on social media @JennChanGlam
Fashion, Beauty, & Travel Writer/Editor: Muck Rack
On-Air Host Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsCNP1kiJU
Sign up For Lexie's Weekly Insider to Receive Insider Tips, Invites, & More at: https://theprbarinc.com/newsworthy/
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
Go back to the homepage