Raising capital is one of the most challenging factors that an entrepreneur can face. Luckily, today’s guest is here to tell you all about how to rock the world of investor relations! Marie Kloor is the Cofounder and CEO of Hydra Studios, a start-up creating upscale wellness studios for the modern workforce. After launching her career at Goldman Sachs, and prior to founding Hydra Studios, she was Director of Business Development at the political journalism start-up, News Deeply. All of these experiences combined enabled her to lead her company to raise more than $3M in venture capital through two financing rounds. A true powerhouse, Marie teaches listeners about a very important component of PR, Investor relations.
- Marie explains how her previous professional experience, both in Goldman Sachs and in a startup called News Deeply, helped her to create her own company: Hydra Studios.
- Marie describes the concept and vision behind Hydra Studios and she narrates how it was impacted by the pandemic and how she plans to adapt it’s services to the new post pandemic world.
- A company can have different types of investors, and Marie details three of the most common ones: friends and family, angel investors, and venture capital.
- The importance of having a great pitch desk: it’s everything that you want an investor to know about you and ultimately it’s how you are going to get your idea funded and off the ground.
- Marie describes the key elements of a pitch desk and how press placements can play a huge role (or not) depending on your company or product.
- Once you’ve got investors who trust in your company or product, it’s important to give them constant updates on how the business is going: the good, and the bad news.