Multimedia Storytelling & Interview Hacks with Forbes Contributor & Filmmaker Jia Wertz
Episode 43 – Pitchin’ and Sippin’ – Multimedia Storytelling & Interview Hacks with Forbes Contributor & Filmmaker Jia Wertz
Jia Wertz is an entrepreneur, the founder and fashion designer of Studio 15, a featured writer for Forbes, Co-host of the Speaking of Crime podcast, and an award-winning documentary filmmaker. She is a trifecta of multimedia storytelling. She works on pursuing stories that explore wrongful convictions in the name of protecting the social order. Her debut documentary short titled Conviction has won awards for Best Picture, Best Cinematography, and an Award of Distinction. It is featured on Amazon Prime. She is currently in the final stages of post-production on the feature-length documentary of the same story.
A women of many talents, today we dive into the varying multimedia storytelling across different platforms. We then chat about things from video, to audio and the written word. She gives us her best pitching tips as a founder, reviews what press has done for her business and career, and also provides us with what she personally prefers when being pitched herself for Forbes contributions.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Jia went from fashion merchandising to documentary filmmaking
- How she launched her own fashion business, Studio 15
- Learn how Jia got interested in true crime stories
- How her film, Conviction took off in the true crime documentary world
- About her own true crime podcast, Speaking of Crime
- The nuances of storytelling across many different platforms
- Learn about how Jia became a contributor to Forbes Magazine
- More about her beat, the art of entrepreneurship with Forbes
- Jia’s process for compiling interview questions across different platforms
- Jia’s pitching preferences
- What press has done for her fashion company Studio 15
- And much more!
Watch Conviction: https://www.amazon.com/Conviction-Jeffrey-Deskovic/dp/B08F9CN2XG
Speaking of Crime Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/speaking-of-crime/id1527802216
Studio 15: https://www.shopstudio15.com/
See Jia in Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jiawertz/
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
Go back to the homepage