Today’s guest is Thatiana Diaz, Senior Editor for Refinery29’s first Latinx cross-platform channel, “Somos.” Refinery29 is a leading media and entertainment company focused on women, with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. In addition to serving as the Senior Editor of Somos, Thatiana is a Beauty Contributor at Refinery29 where she produces deeply reported beauty pieces and exclusive celebrity features. She joined Refinery29 from People en Español, where she launched Chica, the first brand targeting Latina millennials with video and social media extensions. She is also the former Miss New York USA 2015 and finalist at Miss Dominican Republic Universe.
- Thatiana talks about her job as a Senior Editor for Refinery29’s first Latinx cross-platform channel, “Somos.” She started as a Beauty Contributor at Refinery29 after previously working with People en Español.
- As she grew up, Thatiana realized no one in the editorial world looked like her or had a similar background. That inspired her to make a change in today’s world. She is committed to amplifying and celebrating the voices of the Latinx community.
- A daughter of immigrants with no connections, Thatiana explains how she landed her first job in media at Seventeen Magazine.
- She gives out some key tips to pitch her: what should people do or avoid. She loves it when people are considerate and get straight to the point (and please, stop with the mailers!).
- Thatiana considers it essential for journalists to adapt to today’s times, and ask themselves how they can provide a service to the readers, who are conscious consumers.