Meet the Media: Christine O’Donnell, Pitching TV, Podcasts + Red Wine
Today’s guest, Christine O’Donnell, is a TV Journalist and Founder of Bright Sighted – a podcasting company where she coaches podcasters on how to be journalistic in their storytelling styles
- Christine’s journey from being a little girl and just knowing she would be a reporter when she grew up, to actually becoming a national reporter who covered some of America’s most known investigative and crime stories.
- How Christine’s company, Bright Sighted, helps people figure out what their message and story is in order to launch a plan for their business and push it out to the world.
- Christine describes what a typical day of a TV news reporter used to look like for her: from the minute she woke up at 6 am to the end of a busy day.
- When pitching, Christine says it’s really important for the pitch to be connected to the news cycle that’s currently going on, or if it’s not, it should be a mind blowing and unique story that is worth telling.
- Christine shares some do’s and don’ts for pitching, podcasting, and for appearing professional when going on live TV.
- Podcasting is a new form of journalism and media that has absolutely exploded in recent years and Christine explains why this sudden trend has emerged.