Launching a PR Agency with PR Pro Catharine Montgomery of the Better Together Agency
Episode #91: Launching a PR Agency with PR Pro Catharine Montgomery of the Better Together Agency
Catharine Montgomery founded Better Together – a VC-backed full-service, Black woman-founded, and purpose-driven public relations agency – in 2022 following a successful global agency and in-house PR career. Holding a Bachelor of Science in PR and Marketing from Auburn University and an MBA from the University of Maryland’s Smith School of Business, Catharine is passionate about using her expertise to support social justice efforts and bring about meaningful change.
In today’s episode, Catharine talks about her unique entry into starting, launching, and growing her PR agency and the lessons she’s still learning. She also discusses how to navigate serving worthy accounts with small budgets and how to represent marginalized and underserved clients and communities effectively.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Learn about Catharine’s career in PR before starting her agency
- Hear the unique opportunity that allowed her to start Better Together
- Hear how she landed her first paying client
- Learn the importance of networking connections when entering the agency world
- How to navigate diversity, equity, and inclusion when serving clients in PR
- How to handle worthy clients with small budgets
- The importance of remembering the mantra: ‘hire slow, fire fast’
- How Catharine is building her team at her agency
- And More!
Links to/about Better Together: