PR Pro – DE&I, Allyship + Moscow Mules with Jasmin Jiménez
Today’s guest, Jasmin Jiménez, is a full-time senior publicist for PPG, a global manufacturer of paints, coatings and specialty materials. Before PPG, Jasmin worked as a publicist for Ancestry, the leading family history and at home DNA company, a Senior Account Executive for Edelman, the largest PR agency in the world, and she began her career by working at a variety of boutique agencies. Currently, Jasmin is also a Johns Hopkins University graduate student where she is pursuing a Master’s of Science degree in organizational leadership. She plans to use her degree to become a Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion officer. In the episode to follow, Jasmin invites us to dive into the world of DE&I and allyship, shares with us how 2020 not only impacted her heart, but her life and future career trajectory, and how to ultimately pitch DE&I stories appropriately and authentically.
- Jasmin launched PPG’s first Antiracist Campaign. The campaign was ultimately successful because it was authentic.
- After the death of George Floyd and events of 2020, Jasmin decided to go back to school to pursue a Master’s of Science in organizational leadership at John Hopkins University. She hopes to one day become a Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion officer.
- Jasmin grew up without seeing people of color in positions of authority, and she wants to contribute to change the status quo, so new generations can have better opportunities.
- How do you pitch diversity focus stories? Jasmin advises to really think what you want to say, do your research, be authentic, and talk about what you know. For a brand, it is really important to do the work internally before engaging externally.
- How can you be an ally? For Jasmin, you should start by listening to diverse parties and ask what they need and see how you can contribute to that. Appreciate and value minorities, pay attention to BLM Movement.
- Who you are in private, is who you are in real life. Jasmin talks about doing the right thing, every day, not just for showing off on social media.
To get in touch with Jasmin, follow her on LinkedIn.
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Follow me on Instagram or book a Free Consultation here.
Go back to the homepage