If you want your business to land press, you MUST have professional pictures of your services or products! This is a basic rule for today’s guest, Bernadette Marciniak, a Los Angeles-based brand photographer for entrepreneurs and companies. A former New Jersey journalist, video journalist, and publicist, Bernadette spent a decade becoming a fixture in the communities she covered, focusing on amplifying the message of those who made a difference. Today, she creates powerful imagery, videos, and designs for business owners that help tell their story in a captivating and cohesive way.
- Bernadette’s journey from starting out her work experience as a reporter, then transitioning to video journalism and finally becoming a brand photographer in LA
- Most people don’t know what a video journalist is, so Bernadette explains how her day to day routine used to look like and what role she had in the media industry
- When being on the other side of the e-mail, Bernadette describes what kind of pitches were used to get her attention and stand out from the crowd
- The importance of sending a complete B-roll when pitching: this additional footage helps your story to be illustrated clearly!
- Photos are a huge component of being “press ready” so Bernadette shares some advice on which kind of pictures should always be present for a brand to look professional.
- Bernadette’s do’s and don’ts for appearing great on camera when having a business or professional photoshoot
- Batch Planning as a great way to show consistency and to focus on your business’s message