Newsworthy Founder: Community Collaborations, Social Proof + Chablis with Sara Alepin
Episode 11 – Pitchin’ and Sippin – Community Collaborations
On today’s episode we’re talking with Sara Alepin, CEO of Photos From the Harty, 2X podcast host, and CEO of District Bliss Events, a community of ambitious creatives and business owners who want to expand their networks quickly, build their businesses with ease, and just find their people. Sara is a master connector and a cross-community promotions queen! Tune in to hear her best organic community growth hacks, tips on all things collaboration, social proof, and how to make accessible content for your business.
- Sara talks about her journey from getting injured as a photography teacher and not being able to go back to her profession to creating District Bliss and then creating her two podcasts.
- She discusses the concept behind District Bliss: it’s a community of entrepreneurs and creative small business owners who support each other.
- She talks about the importance of creating strong community relationships in any business which is often overlooked by many entrepreneurs.
- Sara says that hosting an event is great PR: getting a business in front of a community is key and collaborating with others who are interested in what you do is also important.
- She tells how testimonials can really help your business: it’s basically another person selling what you do and really great social proof!
- For Sara, social media and blogging are two organic tools that have really helped her to spread awareness about her businesses.
- Understanding the concept of “accessibility made easy”: inclusivity should always be taken into consideration when creating content for a webpage or for a podcast, for example.
To learn more about Sara, visit her District Bliss webpage and her Photos From the Hearty webpage. Also, you can listen to her podcast called “The Wedding Dish” here. Want to make your business accessible? Visit MabelyQ.com